Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Introduction

So I guess this should have been my first post.  Well, too bad I guess.  Here is my introduction to my blog.  It will probably be boring to some and exciting to others.  Hopefully it can lead to some meaningful discussion and help my readers and myself learn something new.  A little about me:


My name is Quinton Butterfield. I am currently working as a Business Analyst for the Information Technology Office of the Government of Bermuda. I am currently living in Bermuda. In 2005 I graduated from the University of Alabama in Huntsville with a Bachelors degree in Business Administration and I majored in Management Information Systems. Since 2005 I have had a variety of IT roles and experiences, including data retrieval and business intelligence reporting, software quality assurance testing and now I am working as a liaison between business customers and IT engineers to ensure ITIL compliance and to make sure the IT needs of each government department under my watch are met.
The reason that I chose to pursue a MS in Health Informatics is rooted in childhood experience. My father, till this day, runs a medical laboratory and I grew up around a certain aspect of healthcare. However, I pursued a degree in MIS because I was always interested in technology. Those years watching my father in his profession have still lingered with me, and now that I can pursue a degree that captures my interests in both these fields, I am happily pursuing.
In my personal time I usually like to hang with friends, travel (I am going to Japan next year and hopefully London in 2014) and I try to be a good role model to my 13 year old godson. Then of course, living in Bermuda and when the weather is right, I love to hit the beach for some fun in the sun.

I hope that you get some meaningful use (sorry, bad HI joke I guess) out of my blog.

Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment